11.05.2010

I'll Be There With Bells On

I did something a little crazy (for me, at least).

I just signed up for a 5K...

... that is on Sunday.

That's the least amount of notice I've ever given myself when it comes to running a race. Plus, I haven't done a 5K since April, 2009.

Wow.

So on Sunday, I will be running the Jingle Bell 5K. You may recall that eons ago, back when I first started running, and still lived in Illinois, I ran the Jingle Bell 5K with my mom. It was my mom's first 5K ever (yay!).


The nice thing about this race is it's in the afternoon. I don't have to miss church, and I don't have to wake up too early. This makes Kelly a happy girl.

The most important question of all is: am I ready?

The answer is undoubtedly "no".

But I'm okay with that. I just started to get back into the swing of things recently, so this race will act as a training run. I'm not going to aim for a PR or anything. I'm not even going to set a goal time. I'm just going to go out there, do my best, and have fun.

I'll be back next week with a race report and an update on my weight loss efforts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I might be sending in my registration for the Galloping Gobler today :)

P.S. Can you shoot me an email? I can't find your email address on here and there's been something I've been wanting to tell you!!

rustbelt (dot) runner (at) gmail (dot) com

:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin