8.26.2009

Oh Boy

Last November, I started my own personal Weight Loss Challenge. My mom challenged me to lose 15 lbs before my cruise in January. How did I do? I was awesomely successful. Ryan and I cruised to the Bahamas and I felt great.

It's now 7 months later, and I have gained back ALL 15 lbs... plus one more for good measure.

Ouch.

I was doing so well. After my cruise, I stopped counting calories and gained back about 3 lbs. But I was able to maintain that weight until May, when I moved here (stupid Indiana!). Over the past 3 months, I have gained about 10 lbs. I'm going to blame living with Ryan.

Either way... my clothes are snug and I'm unhappy in a swimsuit.

I recently stumbled across a post from December 31 where I listed my goals for 2009. One was "weigh less at the end of the year than I do at the beginning". I weighed 153 back then (12 lbs lighter than I am now). Oh boy.

So I've officially hit my limit. And today starts a new chapter. I'm going to start tracking my calories again. It's annoying and obsessive, but until I can find an easier way to manage a healthy weight, it's my only option.

My long-term goal is to be able to run in a sports bra next summer without dying of embarrassment. My short-term goal is to be 153 by Thanksgiving.

I'll try to post my daily weight loss in the sidebar. GO TEAM!!!

6 comments:

Mike said...

Good luck, you've got this no...well...a little bit of sweat! :)

Mom said...

You are brave to admit your weight gain!

That Pink Girl said...

Kelly, your sucess last year inspired me to start tracking my calories ... Well, starting this week. I'm using the iPhone app Lose It. We all have ups and downs, what is great is that you aren't beating yourself up over it. Good for you just resolving to get back on track!

The Boring Runner said...

I gained weight when I moved in with my (now) wife.

If it makes you feel any better, two of my new years resolutions were to send more postcards and eat more vegetables. If French fries are vegetables, then I am 1 for 2.

(I agree with your mom BTW)

Mike said...

I think the goat in your new profile pic is trying to steal your money!

jeanne said...

you can do anything you put your mind too! but for what it's worth, i think you look PERFECT the way you are!

and...it's definitely ryan's fault! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin