8.24.2009

Thoughts From My Couch

I took a whole week off. It wasn't really recovery... it was laziness. But I think I earned it, so there.

I've got 4 weeks until my next race, so it looks like it's time to start moving again. I ran a little yesterday and was a bit sore afterwards (it was only a WEEK off!).

So, I'm watching the Today show right now. Hoda is talking about how her and Natalie are training for a triathlon. I think they are doing a sprint (although Hoda said "the swim will be a half mile or full mile... I can't remember", so I could be wrong). Now, I've had this discussion with my mom and boyfriend recently, but I'd like to open it up to the community...

Is it just me, or has the sport of Triathlon seen a major leap in popularity over the past year/ year and a half?

My mom thinks I'm just noticing it because I started doing them around that time. Thoughts? Opinions? Do you enjoy the attention the sport is getting, or does it bother you that people are making it into a "fad"?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your Mom but I will agree that it definetly is growing in number thatparticipate...Opa

Marci said...

There has definitely been a growth in popularity in the sport over the past few years. It's crazy how many people you meet who say that they do tris or are getting ready for one!

That Pink Girl said...

Sometimes a girls just gotsta take a break! :o)

The Boring Runner said...

Hey, everyone deserves a little downtime.

Yeah, I def agree with you. It seems that tris are becoming more and more popular. Which is honestly interesting since they combine the cost of running, biking, AND swimming.

Either way, I may be on the duo wagon here shortly...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin