2.07.2010

Mid-Way Weigh In

In case you're out of the loop, Ryan and I are competing against each other (along with Tri Dave and his girlfriend) to see who can lose the most weight.

Last week, we had our mid-way weigh in. It was 4 weeks after we began.

And... drumroll please!

I lost 5.2 lbs. Ryan lost 10 lbs exactly (Psh. He would.)

Sorry, Dave. You guys have some catching up to do. But now is MY perfect time to strike. Ryan has stopped the calorie-counting and is set on just maintaining his 10 lb weight-loss for the next 4 weeks.

As I write this, he is sitting on the couch eating nachos and drinking beer (ok... maybe I'm doing that too. It's the Superbowl after all!)

Our trip to Cleveland last weekend went great. It was exactly 2 years after we had our first date in Cleveland, so I took him back as a birthday present.


We went bowling (I won of course)...


We ate junk food (how else to you celebrate weight-loss?)...

We went to a dueling piano bar...

We went tobogganing (scary!)...

And we ended the trip with lunch at the Applebee's where we had our first date...

Good times had by all (except Maggie who was stuck in the kennel).

I haven't been working out too much recently. I know I should, but I just don't want to get burned out before half-marathon training begins at the end of February. That, and I loathe my trainer. Gurrrr.

4 comments:

Rainmaker said...

Tobogganing?!?! Huh?

Where are all the pics from that? Are there crash pics?

The Boring Runner said...

Ummm, I'm not even SURE what some of that junk food is! :)

Congrats on the contest.

That Pink Girl said...

Way to go on the weight loss! I'm in a weight loss competition at work and I've done ZERO. And it was My idea! I need to get moving...

peter said...

Hilarious post, as usual. You took him to Cleveland as a birthday present? I guess he did something to make you PO'ed, huh? Ah, the rust belt.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin