11.26.2008

Trainers

A random question to fellow bloggers/triathletes... does anyone know anything about bike trainers?

My mom told me to start doing trainer research, but my brian feels like it's going to explode.

I'm looking for something that's not super expensive (like, no more than $200? Is that unrealistic?). Yet, I don't want it to fall apart after 5 uses.

Plus, I'm not sure if you need a different trainer for different bikes (mine isn't a road bike... it's a cyclocross).

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

jeanne said...

don't know about cyclocross vs road, but i know that a fluid trainer is better than a magnetic one. ...and that's the limit of my knowledge. do you belong to a tri club? that's where I would go to ask. or you could ask betty (I don't have her e-mail just leave her a comment, she knows everything about bikes and has done cyclocross)
http://itchybits.blogspot.com/

The (IRON) Clyde said...

I have this one and absolutely love it. It folds flat too when done, you could literally get it in a suitcase, but yet it's super sturdy.

http://www.1upusa.com/bike_trainer.html

Rainmaker said...

I have two different trainers - but I have one I picked up for $80 at Performance bike, and it works just fine.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin