7.06.2008

A Lazy Sunburnt Day

I woke up this morning with big plans. Even though my trianing schedule told me to run and swim, I had 2 1/2 hours of free time before get-ready-for-work time, so I thought a super long bike ride was more in order.

So I saddled her up and headed outside. But when I got out there, I couldn't help but notice the 30 mph winds. She noticed them too and went cowering back inside to the comforts of my lush apartment (ok... so bikes can't cower and my apartment isn't exactly "lush"... just keep an open mind).

I guess it's for the better... cause my biking isn't what needs improvement... my running is.

I took a nice stroll across the river to the Y where I hopped on a treadmill. I decided I needed to start adding some variety to my running... but this may have not been the way to do it:

5 minutes jogging at 4.5 mph
1 minute water break at 0 mph
2 minutes running at 7 mph
1 minute walking at 3.5 mph
2 minutes jogging at 4.5 mph
2 minutes running at 7 mph
2 minutes jogging at 4.5 mph

15 minutes total... and somehow, I only went 1.4 miles (don't do the math... my minutes were educated guesses and are probably not right). Either way... my workout had NO rhyme or rhythm. It had no plan or pace. It was solely based on what I was feeling. I dunno if that's a good or bad thing... but it was a nice change of pace (pun intended) to run faster for once. My legs liked the stretch.

Overall, I felt good and fast... but can't figure out why I would run SLOWER on a treadmill in an air conditioned room than I would outside on a bike path in the smoldering July heat. Hmm.

I wussed out of swimming afterwards (again). I REALLY need to go swimming. It's been a week since I've touched the pool. Not good.

____________________________________


As for my eating (as my lovely boyfriend, Ryan asked about), it's been.... so-so. It's quite difficult for me to eat healthy because I'm such a picky eater. I hate 99% of vegetables... meat is only consumed as a necessity (and beef is gross)... and the fruit that I buy from Wal-Mart on my midnight grocery-runs is usually already on its way to rotten.

But I'm trying. I'm working on it. The least I can do is eat less. And eat out less. And eat less junk.

____________________________________


As an update to my weird sunburn yesterday... I woke up with it worse today.

Yesterady, right before our bike ride, my mom had sprayed sunscreen on my back. Well, once I got on my bike and leaned forward, my skin must have peeked out from underneath my clothes, because this is what it looks like NOW:




It's ouch and 8 shades of itchy. But in a way, it might be kind of cool. It looks like I'm trying to grow wings or like a cat mauled my back in my sleep.

To add to the fun, my pigtailed hair lead to a sunburnt scalp. SUPER ouch:


Lesson for the future: If you think you have enough sunscreen on, then you're about 3 more applications away from being right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think hat or helmet for the head!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin