6.27.2008

10 Miles, and One Picture Made It All Worthwhile

I actually went to bed before 2am last night. And I actually got up before 11am this morning. So I decided it would be a good morning for a long bike ride.



I went 10 miles. It took me a little under an hour. I felt really slow. 10 mph isn't good for biking. I realized while I was trucking along just how much I'm looking forward to a new bike. Even if it's a new used bike. A road bike in general will make a huge difference.

Here are some photos from my ride:

This is under a bridge. The river water had flooded the path and left a 4 inch slab of mud. What I thought was funny was that the mud was now growing tiny plants. Hundreds of tiny plants growing without sunlight or real soil...


Here is the moment everyone has been waiting for. I stopped at a park on my way home...


Went around the side to the water fountain...

And got a picture of the infamous sign...


This time around, I decided NOT to drink the water. I just took some and splashed it on my face and arms.

10 minutes later, I wondered why my face was burning.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin