7.26.2011

I'm Alive!

Wow, how three months can fly.

In May, I had my bachelorette party...



The following weekend, I PRed the Geist Half Marathon...


In June, Ryan and I got married!






Immediately following the wedding, we took our honeymoon in Mexico...





 We returned from our honeymoon in July, and only a week later, we bought a house...


Two days after that, I told my work that I want to go part-time. I'm going to use the extra time to focus on my growing photography business...


Overall, It's been a whirlwind of a summer to say the least.

Oh... but you want me to talk about triathlons, don't you?! Well, I haven't done any. In fact... I haven't even been training much. I did my first swim last week, and did my first bike ride today. I have my first race, the Chicago Triathlon, at the end of August. Thankfully, I'm doing to sprint, and not the Olympic (which almost killed me last year).

My weight is holding steady for now. I gained (no joke) 8 pounds during our wedding and honeymoon. Ouch! But I lost a few when we returned, and now I'm back on the Weight Watchers wagon... aiming for that elusive 140. I only have 11 pounds to go.

Hopefully I'll be back soon! I'm still reading everyone elses' blogs religiously!

12 comments:

jeanne said...

Congrats on all counts! You look fantastic and your wedding looks splendiforous! and your house--gorgeous!! and congrats on the photog biz!

You're amazing!

(P.s. i joined ww too. 9 weeks in i think i've lost 5 lbs. Sigh. IT's hard!!)
Cheers!

JojaJogger said...

Wow, you've been busy! Congratulations on the wedding, house ownership, new business, PR, and everything else.

That Pink Girl said...

So much excitement! Congrats on the PR, the house and oh yeah, the wedding!!! Kelly, you made a beautiful bride!!!

Diana said...

Congratulations on everything! You sure have been busy....I was totally waiting to read that you were also expecting the way it was going there for a minute!

David Goss said...

Good to see you back! You've inspired me to put up a new post too.

Congratulations on all of the new exciting things. Check out my blog for my news. ;)

The Boring Runner said...

Congrats!! It looks like you had such a great time. And you look great!

Exciting career changes too. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly... I admit that I rarely read any blogs these days. How time have changed ! Out of the blue, I have decided to see if any bloggers are still out there. I was surprised to see you back on the blog. Congrats on everything including the wedding. Good to see you back on it.

Rainmaker said...

Congrats on an awesome summer thus far - so many cool things in your life going on. Remember to step back and enjoy it all!

peter said...

Condratulations on all that stuff! You and Ryan look very happy.

Lisa said...

Not sure how I missed this recap BUT congrats ON ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED!!! Will you be at F4F? I will!!!! Hope your Fall is going as well or even better than you spectacular summer!!!! Hope we can actually MEET in real life sometime soon!!! For sure a Fall run around F. Park!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I have not been around much either. Congrats on the wedding, the house, the honeymoon and the new job!!! That is awesome.

peter said...

I should catch up more often. Congrats to you and Ryan!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin