4.26.2010

I'm Drowning!

I haven't run in 8 days. Normally not a big deal, but I'm kinda sorta training for this little thing called a "half marathon". Eeep.

Problems:
  • Last time I ran (7 miles... my furthest distance ever), my knee hurt BAD. I could barely walk afterwards, and it hurt for DAYS. To make things worse, it hurt in a place that is not normal for me. This makes me super nervous for the month ahead.
  • I've been SO busy! Wedding planning, Ryan's parents visited, and we are moving... so my afternoons are filled with packing, packing, cleaning, and packing!
  • I'm lazy and NEED down-time. I can't be one of those people who is go-go-go all week long. When I get a moment, I want to watch TV and eat junk food, not go for a long run.
  • I still haven't figured out why my long runs are making me sick. It happened again last weekend, and I thought I was going to throw up while out to dinner with Ryan's parents.
So I apologize for the lack of blogging and lack of blog-commenting. But give a girl a break!

I need a vacation bad.

5 comments:

JojaJogger said...

Sorry to hear the running isn't going as well as you planned, but sometimes life gets in the way. Do what you have to do, things will work out eventually. (and have a glass of wine, that's what I'm doing)

Rainmaker said...

Eeek...Sounds like some ice and advil are on the docket as well.

As for everything else, like Joja said - Life happens!

The Boring Runner said...

Don't worry about it. Hang in there, things will settle down and you'll find your groove again!!

Rad Runner said...

Dont focus on the negatives.. Focus on the positives :) You will run soon, start little then go big :) when I was training for my 1st half, I ran into this little thing called Planter fasciitis, I wanted to cry, I limped around for a WEEK, then I started running again, and all was happy and fine. You will be fine :) It'll all work out..

Anonymous said...

Visiting your Mother makes everything better!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin