12.14.2009

I'm About to Make You Jealous

While you were all dealing with snow and frigid temperatures, I was in sunny, 80-degree Maui!

Here is the photographic summary:

Watching the sunrise on top of a volcano...


Then we biked down the volcano...


A glimpse of the beach by our hotel...


Watching surfers...


Royal Lahaina Luau...


Going on a whale-watching tour...


View of Maui from the boat...


Whale!


Last night in Hawaii...


Beautiful sunset...


So I succeeded, right? You're all totally cursing the past week you spent trudging through the snow and going to work every morning like total suckers.

Overall, it was an awesome vacation. We did a lot of laying around in the sun. I'm rocking a nice tan and an extra 5 lbs.

But today, it's back to work (NOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!). I need to get back to the Y soon (perhaps tomorrow), so I can reverse this 5 lb gain as quickly as possible. Only 11 days til Christmas. I actually get Christmas OFF this year, so I'm totally excited!

7 comments:

Marci said...

Oh so jealous... except for the fact that I rode down Mount Haleakala when I was Maui years agao! Happy to hear you had a wonderful time!

Diana said...

Very nice pictures of your trip! Would love to be somewhere right now!

gmgizmo9 said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! And yes, I'm jealous! I hope to get to the islands one day. Funny, I know a couple of other people that were there the same time as you! They seemed to have a grand time also.

Thanks for sharing your pictures!!

The Boring Runner said...

Yes, you are correct. VERY jealous. Wait, don't they do a marathon there? Hmmmmmm :)

That Pink Girl said...

Totally J! Looks like you had a great trip - good for you!

Teamarcia said...

Oh thank you for those pics! Maui was my best vacation ever! I so needed to be reminded of it...and I need to revisit soon!

Rainmaker said...

Very nice!

Just to be clear though...you're now back in the freezing cold like the rest of us..right? ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin