9.15.2008

The Celebrities Are Jumping On Board

I've been sitting around enjoying my day off. Monday is my Saturday (confusing, I know).

I've been watching "Philadelphia" and browsing the internet, and I just canNOT pass up on the opportunity to share with you the joyous news...

Jennifer Lopez completed her first triathlon!

It was a sprint and she did it for charity. Being that I'm new to this, and have never even completed a sprint triathlon, I shouldn't make fun of her...

... but she deserves it, so I will.

To set up the scene, I will give you a little bit of information. Back in August, during Olympic (and Phelps) fever, J. Lo was on Good Morning America where they chronicled her training techniques. Of course she waited until the cameras weren't rolling to act like an idiot.

Jennifer couldn't "understand why everyone is talking about that swimmer,” according to a GMA spy. “She couldn’t come up with Phelps’ name, and then she yammered on about how she was the one training for a triathlon just six months after giving birth, and how that was the big story right now, not ‘the swimmer.’ ”

"The swimmer." Awesome, Jen.

Here are photos of her race (PS she wore her swimcap wrong, so everyone laugh at her)...




Her finish time was 2:23:38.

But J. Lo wasn't the only one in the race (where most triathlons have age groups and Clydesdale categories, the Malibu Triathlon has a CELEBRITY category).

Here is a shot of actress Eliza Dushku. Apparently she had time to stop and pose during T1.

She beat J. Lo with a time of 2:22:31.

Lastly, our knight in shining swimcap, Matthew Mcconaughey. I won't make fun of him because he's ripped and actually did a really good job at the race (finishing in 1:43:48). Plus, he did it all discreetly... didn't make a big fuss about it like Jen.

Here he is after the swim...


I have now enriched all of your lives. And you can sleep well knowing that your sport is so cool that celebrities are now doing it.

... You can thank me later.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin