6.23.2008

My Name is Kelly

Whether you know me or not, I think I've thoroughly established the fact that my name is neither "Mary" nor "Robert."


When I was showing Ryan the race roster for my first triathlon, THESE were the only two first names that shared my last name. And that's just not right. So, even though I have an email confirming that I signed up and paid... I'm not on the list to participate. Uh oh.

Looks like I need to make a phone call. I would hate to think I've been doing all this for nothing.

____________________________________


On a related note, I'll be the first person to admit that I've been really bad about training this week. Ryan got in on Wednesday. Of those 6 days, I have worked out on only 3 of them. I'm aiming for a realistic goal of every other day, which I've stuck to pretty well.

However, the workouts that I have done have been pretty pathetic and short. I've been completeing the bare minimum in each sport.

However, in doing so, I suprised myself. Last night, I went biking. It was 8 pm and the sun was going to set at 8:30.

In 35 minutes, I rode my exact race distance (6.2 miles). This included lots of hills, bugs in my eyes (and mouth), riding my rusty old mountain bike, and being stopped at 3 different stoplights.

I was proud of myself. That's faster than I thought I could do it. I was looking at last year's race results, and it's about normal for women my age. That's GREAT... I'm NORMAL! Better than being slow.

That's it for now. Sorry about the lack of posts... I've been super busy. I'll return once Ryan heads back to Philly.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I'm back in Philly...no more excuses :)

After sitting on the plane and running yesterday, i've come to a conclusion...I'm sore.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin